The best way to learn test tactics for the UCAT is a course, but how will you choose the best one? We’re here to help you find the best UCAT course for you. Follow these steps to find the course and start your prep following the right course.
With so many UCAT prep resources available, how do you know which UCAT course is the best? Click here to get a proper overview of the UCAT Course and follow this guide to choose the best UCAT course for your specific requirements.
What Is The Best UCAT Prep Course?
The best UCAT prep course is one that can educate you in ways to get a high UCAT score and is delivered by specialists who have aced the test themselves. It should also be in a format that suits your learning preferences, so you can make the most of your time in advance to test day.
To choose between UCAT courses, you need to consider a few things:
Do You Want Live Teaching Or Individualized Study?
Firstly, you need to consider which manner of course delivery is suitable for your UCAT preparation.
There are two different types of UCAT courses:
- A UCAT course with live classes – delivered either in person or online
- An online UCAT course where you can learn at your own pace
Why do many students pick a live UCAT course?
- It’s a more thorough way to learn – you’ll walk away with significant exam tactics after just a few hours of coaching
- It can be exciting and interactive
- You’ll get to meet other hopeful medical students
- You can engage in discussions, ask questions and get them answered
Why do some students choose an online course?
- You can go at your own speed, which means you can learn exam tactics through small modules whenever you want to
- You have access to the resources for a longer period of time, so you can revive your memory at any particular point
- You might also have access to a UCAT question bank with practice questions, so you can practice what is learned
How To Choose The Best Live UCAT Course?
If you think live teaching is best for you, the sequential move is to find the best UCAT course provider. A quick Google search will disclose limitless options, so how do you evaluate the different UCAT courses and choose which one is worth the venture?
Here are some important things you should be looking for:
- Does the UCAT prep course have positive reviews on third-party review sites? Have they earned any awards for their customer service?
- Is there any proof of helpful testimonials on the website?
- Is the UCAT prep course a popular choice among other test-takers?
- Are they considered trustworthy to teach in schools?
- Will you be educated by medical students who have sat the UCAT lately, or by people who would have taken the test ages ago? The first one is always better!
- Is the company providing UCAT prep for many years?
- Does the company seem functional? Are they delivering high-quality content and materials that are truly beneficial?
- Don’t hesitate to give them a call and ask more questions about a UCAT preparation course if you can’t find this information elsewhere.
How To Find The Best Online UCAT Course?
When you’re trying to find the best UCAT course online, many of the above points are still valid and significant. If you’re going to spend your time on a tool, you should confirm that it’s being delivered by a reputable and reliable company.
You must consider the following:
- What is the length of the UCAT online course? If a live course can be completed in one day, do you really want an online course that will take numerous days to complete? Watch out for companies that have an unnecessary amount of video tutorials in their online course, as the content may be delivered poorly.
- Is a question bank incorporated in the course, so you can practice the theory while you learn?
- Is the offered course mobile responsive? Could you use it while you’re on the move?
- Do they offer a free trial or demo session to test the quality of coaching? Don’t believe any online courses that won’t give you a preview before you sign up.
- Is the course interactive? Don’t settle for anything that can leave you bored and unexcited.
- Make sure there is a satisfactory way of asking questions and getting them answered.
Could You Benefit From Both Types Of Courses?
Your UCAT preparation becomes even stronger when you combine both methods. You could begin with a live course to learn all the key approaches in just one day – and then use an online course to go through and apply your learning. Don’t forget to put the theory to practice because, without practice, there will be no success.
Ultimately, when it comes to choosing the best UCAT course for yourself, a considerable part is determined by your own personal preferences.
Major challenges during UCAT
Preparing for the UCAT exam can pose several challenges for students. Some major challenges include:
Time Pressure: The UCAT exam is known for its strict time constraints. With only a limited amount of time allocated for each section, students must answer questions quickly and efficiently. The pressure to complete the exam within the given time can be overwhelming, especially for those who are not accustomed to working under such time constraints.
Cognitive Demands: Different cognitive talents, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities, are evaluated by the UCAT. Students must properly and quickly analyse and evaluate the material presented in the exam’s challenging scenarios. It can be extremely taxing to manage the cognitive demands of the test, particularly when dealing with new or difficult topics.
Question Complexity: The UCAT test has some difficult questions that may need numerous stages or a thorough comprehension of the underlying ideas. Some students may find it challenging to rapidly understand and apply the relevant information and abilities to come up with the right answer due to the difficulty of the questions.
Test Anxiety: Many students struggle with test anxiety, which can have a big influence on how well they do on the UCAT. Anxiety and tension can be brought on by the pressure to succeed, the time limits, and the exam’s high stakes. Students must learn to successfully manage their anxiety since test anxiety can impair focus, judgment, and overall performance.
Content Volume: The UCAT exam’s several components, which include verbal reasoning, mathematical reasoning, abstract reasoning, situational judgment, and decision-making, cover a broad range of subjects. For students who are already balancing other academic or personal responsibilities, the sheer amount of material that has to be covered and mastered throughout the preparation process might be stressful.
Lack of Familiarity: The UCAT exam may be unfamiliar to many students, especially those who have not encountered a similar format or style of assessment before. Becoming familiar with the structure, timing, and question types of the UCAT requires dedicated preparation and practice. Without proper exposure and understanding of the exam, students may feel disoriented and find it challenging to perform at their best.